So something interesting happened last week, something that I’ve yet to fully share my thoughts on because it’s a part of my upcoming E3 post.
But Banjo got in Super Smash Bros. It actually happened folks. Banjo and Kazooie got a spot in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, as DLC, due to launch this Autumn.
And because I legitimately thought that this was an impossibility and that it would never happen, I jokingly asked my Twitter followers to recommend me a bunch of terrible Anime and promised that I’d watch them all if Banjo got in Smash.
And so here we are. I now need to watch 40 Anime that are apparently not so great. And I figured I’d make a fun little project out of it by talking about each and every one of these shows, in depth, on the blog! Because if I’m going to put myself through such an ordeal, I might as well get some content out of it too. This’ll be fun!
So here’s the rules of this little challenge I’ve set myself up for:
- I’m not allowed to pick the order in which I watch the shows. The next show I watch from the list will be determined by a random number generator.
- I need to watch every single show to completion, regardless of it’s length. No skipping allowed.
- If the show is multiple seasons, I only need to watch the first season.
- Regardless of how much, or how little, I have to say about a show, I need to write a blog post for it.
- I’m not allowed to watch any other shows until I complete this challenge, outside of seasonal premieres because I still want to write Seasonal First Impressions on the blog.
And that’s it really. Simple.
As for the list of shows, here they are:
1. Ousama Game
2. Darling in the FranXX
5. Koroshiya-san The Hired Gun
6. Koihime Muso
7. Divergence Eve
11. Blade and Soul
12. Alice or Alice
13. K Project
14. Garzey’s Wing (Dub)
15. Cat Planet Cuties
16. Wise Man Grandchild
17. Vampire Holmes
18. Shining Hearts
19. Piano no Mori
20. Pastel Memories
21. Gunslinger Stratos
22. Seisen Cerberus
24. Neo Yokio
26. Master of Marital Hearts
28. Golgo 13: The Professional
29. Triage X
30. Girls Bravo
31. Tsui no Sora
33. Testament of the Sister Devil
34. A Sister’s All You Need
35. Dai Shogun: Great Revolution
36. Hidan no Aria
38. Diabolik Lovers
I haven’t fully seen any of these shows before and while I did watch the premiere for some of the more recent ones back when they first started airing, I’ve forgotten everything by this point. So I honestly have no idea what to expect here.
Will all of these really be terrible? Will there actually be a few hidden gems? Will I find some new favourites? Or am I doomed to suffer the most terrible of fates?
I have no idea, but I’m looking forward to chronicling this wild journey that Banjo, my audience, and myself, have decided to put me through.
First up is Hundred! So stay tuned for my thoughts on that one.
If you want to follow the action more closely as I journey through each of these shows, you can find the live reaction Twitter thread here.
Until then folks!