So, in a dramatic and unexpected turn of events, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the awesome Shoujo Thoughts! It’s been a very long time since I responded to one of these award nominations, and I’ve got a couple more to respond to, so I figured why not do that over the next couple of weeks and clear the pile?
I’ve also been nominated for this one before, but… Ah well. It’s too fun!
Here’s the rules of the thing:
Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you – [x]
Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer – [x]
1. If you were to trip off the glitz that someone were to display, what exactly would that mean, and how would you deal with it? (Adam Lambert says, “Hi!”)
It would mean that I have no idea what this means and that I am very confused (…I’m hilariously out of tune with pop culture, so I’m very sorry if this is some kind of reference that I should totally be understanding)
2. What advice would you give to yourself at 13 years old, if any?
“See that angry, elitist, metal militia phase you’re about to through? Don’t. Just don’t.”
3. What scene in any anime made you feel the most sorrow? The most joy? Why?
I have an answer for both!
The saddest scene for me would most definitely be the climax to Hunter x Hunter’s Chimera Ant arc. I won’t go into specifics, out of fear of spoiling the scene for those who haven’t seen it, but it involves the death of two very well developed characters that the show does a fantastic job getting the audience emotionally invested in, which makes their final moments incredibly heartbreaking.
As for the happiest scene, I’ll just go with everything in Tanaka-Kun is Always Listless. The whole show just makes me feel warm and fuzzy in literally every single moment, from beginning to end.
4. What is your favorite kind of flower?
Lilies. For no real reason other than they look cool.
5. Do you think that space aliens (humanoidal or otherwise) would be friendly? Do you think they are among us now, or have been at some point in the past? If you are religious, does this mesh with your faith?
I’d like to think so, because if they weren’t it’d be a little scary. The thought of intergalactic war against probably more advanced intelligent life kind of terrifies me.
I think it’s pretty probable that there’s some kind of alien life out there, but I don’t think they’re little green men or anything weird like that. I think it’s very unlikely that out of every planet in the universe, that we’re the only one with intelligent life on it.
6. Are you jealous of my kitty baby, Muffin? (If so, do not be, because I will share pictures.) Alternately, do you have a pet that you feel comfortable sharing pictures of because “yes, please!”?
No, because I have Babybel (my own cat who is my baby :3). But Muffin is adorable!
And yes I’m comfortable sharing photos. Here you go!
7. Was the punctuation ending that last sentence messed up? The English major needs to know.
As someone who is far from an accomplished writer, I ain’t got a scooby.
8. Please write and share a haiku. Yes, I know it isn’t a question. You have fifteen seconds; no cheating, please. This is supposed to be a challenge! (*^^*)b <(GO!)
I am so sleepy.
I really need to sleep now.
Sleep would be quite nice.
9. Do you believe that humanity fundamentally selfish?
Definitely. I think everyone individual is inherently selfish in some way, shape or form, unintentionally or otherwise.
10. Do you like to eat shellfish?
I have never eaten shellfish, but given how I apparently dislike more foods than I like, it’s probable that I will not like shellfish.
11. What is your favorite Disney princess? Prince? Why? Would you ship them?
I’ll just go with Belle and Beast because it’s my favourite “Disney princess movie”. Also because my cat is named Belle.
I guess it’s my turn to nominate some bloggers to do my horrible questions. I’m supposed to pick 11, but I’m lazy, so I picked 5 (sorry!)
So I nominate the following (sorry if you’ve been picked before!):
- Remy Fool (The Lily Garden)
- Kapodaco (The Visualist’s Veranda)
- Ayano Kitsune (Kawaii Paper Pandas)
- Arthifis (Arthifis’ Place)
- The AniMessenger
These are going to be terrible…
- What kind of music do you listen to? What are some of your favourite albums?
- What’s your all-time favourite food?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? Why?
- How does your current Top 5 Anime compare to your Top 5 from 5 years ago? Have there been any significant changes?
- Assuming you play video games, what’s your favourite video game?
- What’s your favourite non-animated TV series’?
- Warm desserts or cold desserts?
- Sweet or spicy?
- What’s your favourite Manga that hasn’t been adapted into an Anime? (If any)
- How many hours do you sleep on average per day?
- What’s your favourite post of your own that you’ve written?
Thanks for taking part and for reading my incredibly silly answers to Shoujo’s questions.
‘Til next time!