Well, looks like I’ve been nominated for another one of these awards. Nice one!
I’d like to thank avathenerd over at Reads, Rhythms and Ruminations for the nomination. She has an awesome blog and you should definitely check it out!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog – [x]
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you – [x]
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions – [I’m only nominating 5 people, because I’m lazy haha]
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog [x]
1. How long have you been blogging and how is the experience so far?
I’ve been blogging for almost a month now, and I have to say that so far the experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I’ve been writing Anime content online for over 3 years, but I’ve never enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I have since starting up Lethargic Ramblings.
The freedom to express myself creatively in as many as I want to and the consistently positive feedback makes running this blog a positively wonderful experience and I honestly can’t believe how much fun I’ve been having putting out this content.
I’ve also met a whole bunch of really awesome people who are great fun to engage with and discuss Anime with. I love seeing everyone’s thoughts on things and adding my own thoughts to the discussion. After such a positive experience, I’ll never go back to writing reviews for MAL.
Thank you for the experience everyone! You’re all amazing!
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is most definitely having the freedom to express myself creatively and get my opinions out there. I’ve always had a lot of things to say about Anime and many thoughts to share with everyone, but I’ve never had a place where my voice could be heard or where it felt that my thoughts actually mattered.
But here, I have a group of friends and followers who are genuinely interested in what I have to say and who enjoy my posts, all the while posting their own interesting content that I myself find enjoyable to read.
Again, thanks everyone!
3. What are your favourite things in life? (There can be many)
I’m definitely going to need more than one here…
- My Girlfriend: She’s the most important person in my life and I’d literally be nothing without her. She brings a smile to my face every single day and makes every day a memory worth treasuring. She’s my best friend, and I love her to bits.
- My Cat: I love my cat so much. She’s the most adorable little thing in the whole world and she always wants to play with me and snuggle up to me. She’s also my Anime companion, and loves to watch Anime with me at the weekend while my girlfriend is working.
- Anime: What can I say? I love this medium with a passion. It’s the reason I’m writing this blog and it’s my main source of entertainment and escapism.
- Video Games: It’s my final career goal to become a Games Designer and I generally love playing video games as a whole as well. They’re my other main form of entertainment and the reason for my goal in life, so I owe them a lot!
4. Which food do you loathe and why?
I’m actually an incredibly picky eater and there’s a ton of food I absolutely cannot stand. So much in fact, that it’s honestly not normal. Here’s a few examples:
- Cheese: I hate it with a burning passion. It’s awful, and I hate it on anything. Even Pizza. I literally eat Pizza without it. Yes, I know, I’m a heretic.
- Most Vegetables: I dislike pretty much all vegetables outside of carrots. Even then, the carrots need to have gravy. I hate the texture of vegetables and they all have an earthy taste to them. It literally feels like eating grass.
- Pies: Pies are the most overrated food on the planet. I don’t like them, and I feel like I’m alone here.
5. Who is your favourite character from a book/anime/movie/TV series ?
I can name this for each of the listed mediums, except movies because I barely watch movies:
Book – Darren Shan from the Saga of Darren Shan series.
Anime – Killua Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter.
TV Series – Angel from, you guessed it, Angel.
6. Cats or dogs?
Cats obviously! I own one after all, and she’s the most adorable thing in the world.
7. What is your dream destination? (Can be fictional)
I can do both real and fictional.
Real – Wherever I’m happy really. I’m honestly not sure, but I’d like to be somewhere where I can live a good life and be at my happiest with my girlfriend. I’m not entirely sure where that is yet, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out soon!
Fictional – The Hunter x Hunter world. It’s a world full of adventure where you can be and do just about anything you want if you have a Hunters License. Sure, you need to risk your life to get one, but if I got one, that would be sweet!
8. Which language do you like the most?
English because it’s the only language that I can speak and understand. I’d love to learn Japanese one day though.
9. Which is the longest book/anime/TV series you’ve read/watched and how long is it?
Again, I can answer all of these!
Book series: The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. 14 books with a total of 11,308 pages.
TV series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 144 episodes across 7 Seasons. I’ve probably watched longer shows, but this is the longest show that I’ve actually completed.
Anime: To completion? Dragon Ball Z. A total of 291 episodes. I’ve definitely watched Anime with far more episodes, such as Bleach and One Piece, but I haven’t gotten to the end of those yet/most of them haven’t ended yet, so they don’t count.
10. Which is your all time favourite/ evergreen song to listen to?
Oh no. This is too hard. I have far too many. So I’ll list a few of them (the first ones that come to my head) :
Gravity’s Union – Coheed and Cambria
Move – Thousand Foot Krutch
Black Diamond – Stratovarius
My Demons – Starset
I’ll be here all day. I think you guys get the point!
11. Your favourite fairytale?
Ehhhh… Damn. I honestly don’t know. Sorry!
That was fun!
- What made you decide to start blogging and how long have you been doing it for?
- What’s your all time favourite Anime series and why?
- What’s your favourite Anime genre and why?
- What’s your main reason for watching Anime?
- What’s the most important aspect of an Anime series for you? (Eg – Setting, script, themes etc).
- What genre of music do you listen to the most?
- Who is your all-time favourite character and why?
- What’s your favourite thing to do outside of Anime and Blogging?
- What’s your favourite word or phrase?
- If you had the choice of eating only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your biggest fear/phobia?
Sorry that my questions are lame. I’m awful at coming up with this stuff.
So I’m going to nominate the following people. My apologies if you’ve already had this award previously:
I’m lazy, so 5 will do.
Thank you again to avathenerd for the nomination! This was a lot fun and I hope you all enjoyed this post.
Thanks for reading folks!