Well apparently I’m super versatile at blogging because I just received a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was nominated by both Magnitude Reviews and In The Cubbyhole, two fantastic bloggers with excellent content. I recommend checking their stuff out if you haven’t already!
- Display Award – [x]
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog) [x]
- Share seven things about yourself [x]
- Nominate ten bloggers [Unfortunately I’m fairly new to the blogosphere, and most of the folks I’d nominate have already received the award. So I’m only nominating 3 people]
7 things about myself:
1. I guess the first thing, as if with many others who I’ve seen post their awards, was how I got started writing for this blog. I’ve actually been writing Anime related content online for almost 3 years, and until recently I was a relatively well known reviewer on Anime-Planet and MyAnimeList, having several of the top rated reviews for specific series. Unfortunately, I began to grow a strong distaste for my writing style on those sites. It was fairly amateurish and had a very basic structure that was far too rigid. On top of that, I wanted to focus more on analysis and broader topics than just reviews and I really wasn’t keen on the rigid guidelines that they put in place. So I decided to ditch my entire reviewing career and start from scratch with Lethargic Ramblings. And I’ve been having a blast so far.
2. I’ve been in a relationship with my girlfriend for over 7 years, and we’ve been living together for just over a year now. We met by seemingly random chance when I was 15 years old, and we’ve been inseparable ever since. I love her to bits, and she’s the biggest inspiration for everything I do ❤ She’s my best friend in the world, and means everything to me ❤
3. My girlfriend and I have a cat named Belle, who we’ve owned for almost a year now. She’s 7 years old, but she still looks and acts like a little kitten and she’s the most adorable thing in the world. And she purrs so often that it’s like breathing to her. She purrs constantly.
4. My goal in life is to eventually become a Games Designer. I’m a Games Design University graduate and currently work as a Games Tester for a Quality Assurance Contractor. I’m not quite there yet, but I’ll get there eventually!
5. I’m a huge fan of Rock and Metal music, particularly Alternative Rock, Black Metal and Power Metal, although I try to be as open to all genres as I can. My favourite band is Coheed and Cambria, and they have been since 2004. I highly recommend checking out their music. No other band sounds quite like them.
6. I used to be a huge, narcissistic, Anime elitist. Speaking from experience, it was a very negative and horrible part of my evolution as an Anime fan, and I deeply regret ever being such a close-minded buffoon. I feel sorry for the people who haven’t grown out of their elitist phase.
7. Despite playing it up for comic relief and my online persona, the lethargic thing isn’t actually a joke. I am almost always constantly fatigued and I’ve been known to fall asleep in the most ridiculous positions and situations. No matter how much sleep I get, I’m always tired and I always feel like I could use more sleep. Basically, I’m always listless, just like Tanaka-Kun, only not as extreme and not out of laziness.
As said before, I’m really new to the Anime blogosphere. I don’t know an awful lot of people here yet, and many of the ones I do have already been nominated for the award.
So I’ve got three people in mind, my bad if any of you have been nominated previously:
If you haven’t already, I strongly recommend checking out their blogs. Their content is so much better than mine 😛
Thanks for reading folks!